White Marsh and Hanover dentists help families keep their smiles shining
If you are searching for the best family and cosmetic dentist in the White Marsh, Perry Hall or Hanover, MD area or simply looking for a new dental home to serve your family’s oral care needs, you have found the right place! At Dental Designs of Maryland, we strive to make each and every patient feel comfortable and at home, whether they are here for a routine cleaning and check-up or more extensive treatment. We aim to provide the highest quality family, cosmetic, and implant dentistry for everyone in the family.
What is Family Dentistry and Cosmetic Dentistry?
Dental Designs of Maryland prides itself on being Baltimore’s premier family, cosmetic, and implant dental office. That means we provide all phases of care no matter if you’re looking for a simple cleaning to high end prosthetic treatments like all-on-four implants, oral surgery, and more. The majority of our patients come see us for regular check-ups and examinations as well as cleanings, so we can diagnose and treat issues with oral health when they arise. We also take time to educate and coach each patient on the knowledge they need to keep their smiles bright and healthy. Oral healthcare at home is of the utmost importance and we are happy to provide information on how to properly care for teeth and gums, explain any treatments that are recommended, and after-care instructions when a procedure has been performed.
What are common Family Dentistry and Cosmetic Dentistry procedures?
The foundation of all family dentistry practices is the preventative care visit, commonly know as a cleaning and check-up. These appointments are recommended every six months for most healthy patients, and involve professionally cleaning the teeth, examining the teeth and gums for any issues such as decay or periodontitis, and screen for oral cancer. We also may recommend preventative care like dental sealants or fluoride varnish treatments for children and adults that are considered at high risk for tooth decay.
The biggest benefit of seeing the dentist regularly is that we can find and diagnose dental issues at an early stage, when they are easiest to treat. Finding decay and gum issues early gives us the highest chance of fully restoring your oral health. It also means less complicated treatment which is quicker and easier on the wallet. When treatment is needed, we make sure to spend time discussing the pros and cons of each option so that every patient feels fully knowledgeable and empowered with making the best decision for their oral health. Common treatments provided at Dental Designs of Maryland include:
- Gum disease treatments: Deep cleanings and other periodontal treatments help maintain and restore the health of your gums. Our periodontal specialist Dr. Joshua Metzger is available to treat even extreme cases of gum disease
- White Fillings: For small to moderate areas of decay or broken teeth, tooth-colored fillings made of plastic material can be placed same day to give you back your smile
- Dental Crowns: For larger areas of decay where significant portions of the tooth are missing, we offer same day CEREC porcelain crowns so you can have your crown placed in just one day
- Dental Bridges: Bridges are specialized dental crowns used to replace one or more missing teeth in a row.
- Root canals: For decay that extends deep into the nerve we offer root canals, also called endodontic therapy. Root canals clean out the infection and get you out of pain, and prevent you from losing the tooth due to extensive decay or trauma.
- Extractions: For teeth that are unsaveable, we offer various sedation options to keep you comfortable when an extraction is required for your oral health
- Dentures: We offer comprehensive solutions such as full dentures as well as implant supported all-on-four, overdentures, and hybrid dentures for patients with all levels of needs
- Dental Implants: Considered the “gold standard” in tooth replacement, dental implants are permanent replacement teeth and roots that function and look just like real teeth
What Can Be Done If I Grind My Teeth at Night?
In our high stress world, grinding or bruxism, is becoming very common. A specially designed nightguard or dental orthotic, is custom fitted to your mouth and can help prevent jaw pain, broken teeth ,or headaches associated to chronic clenching or grinding of your teeth. Unmanaged bruxism can cause severe damage to the teeth and bone in your mouth, so it is essential to diagnose the bruxism early and wear a protective appliance before irreversible damage is done. A closely related condition called temporomandibular (TMJ) disorder often has similar symptoms and can also benefit and find relief by wearing a nightguard. Both treatments are offered by Dental Designs of Maryland.
Contact us for an Appointment at Dental Designs of Maryland
Dental Designs of Maryland has locations in White Marsh, MD and Hanover, MD to serve the greater Baltimore area. We are happy and excited to hear from you and invite you to call your nearest office using the phone number listed in the menu above. Our team of highly trained and trustworthy professionals look forward to giving you the best dental experience!